Book Cover Guidelines
These guidelines explain the workflow process for Book Cover Designs. Please read carefully and your project will proceed quickly and efficiently. These guidelines explain what I need from you in order to start and complete your Book Cover project.
- Any images you’d like me to use, including author photo.
- Final draft of all cover text, including front, back, dust cover flaps, reviews,
about the book, about the author, and spine text.
- Up to three (3) cover designs to choose from based on your drawings, supplied images, or verbal descriptions of what you’d like to see.
- After you select one of the three covers, I finalize that based on your further input.
- A round of edits and adjustments on final cover, limited to typographical errors, MINOR corrections, and re-alignments.
- After final payment, High resolution PDF emailed to you and/or submitted directly to your printer’s FTP site if you supply their login info.
- Source files available on request.
- Delaney-Designs receives deposit and all necessary materials
- We have phone or email conversation so I can understand your thoughts and turn them into vision
- You receive up to three (3) cover designs to choose from based on our conversation
- You pick one of these three and make suggestions for the proof
- I supply you with a proof of your selected book cover
- We have a round of edits and adjustments as described above
- Once you’re satisfied that the proof is finalized you send final payment
- I send your print-ready file to you and/or your printer